The science of ethanol
Bioethanol is pure alcohol. The combustion of bioethanol is clean which makes it an efficient and effective source of heat because there is no soot, ash or harmful emissions that need to be extracted through a flue - meaning all the heat stays in your room.
Natural, renewable, green
Behind our stylish façade is a sophisticated combustion system that uses the cleanest, most efficient fuel source on the market: bioethanol. Bioethanol is the fuel of the future, today. And its evolution has been remarkable.
Efficient green energy
Because the combustion of bioethanol is clean you can lose the chimney and the flue and keep the heat in the room. That's what makes burning bioethanol fuel so efficient and effective.
A beautiful dancing flame
Burning bioethanol fuel creates a beautiful lively dancing orange flame that is simply mesmerizing. And because they don't need a flue or chimney you can now enjoy an open fire more easily than ever before - even in a high rise building.
Choose the right fuel
e-NRG bioethanol is the ONLY fuel suitable for use in your EcoSmart Fire. Your local distributor can assist you with sourcing e-NRG and provide you with information on the safe use of bioethanol. Visit e-NRG.com.
There are no messy environmental pollutants like soot,
smoke and ash when you choose bioethanol.
How is bioethanol made?
Bioethanol - or simply 'ethanol' is a renewable energy source made by fermenting the sugar and starch components of plant by-products - mainly sugarcane and crops like grain, using yeast. It is also made from corn, potatoes, milk, rice, beetroot and recently grapes, bananas and dates depending on the country's agricultural strength.
Why is it clean burning?
EcoSmart Fireplaces are fuelled by bioethanol, a renewable liquid fuel produced from agricultural by-products which burns clean - no smoke, no sparks, no fuss. The combustion of bioethanol produces Heat Steam and Carbon Dioxide.
Why is it sustainable?
The combustion of bioethanol results in a clean emission: Heat, Steam and Carbon Dioxide. Carbon dioxide is absorbed by plants. It is then processed via photosynthesis to help the plant grow. This infinite cycle of creation and combustion of energy makes bioethanol a carbon neutral fuel source.
What is e-NRG?
Formulated for use in ventless ethanol fireplaces, e-NRG is the cleanest, most efficient liquid bioethanol fuel on the market and produces the best flame each and every time.
e-NRG is a renewable energy source distilled from plant by-products.
e-NRG produces no harmful emissions - just heat, steam, and carbon dioxide.
Built-in flame arrester, simple operating procedures and accessories that allow for safe and easy fireplace refueling.
Efficient fuel source
Because e-NRG requires no venting it is an incredibly efficient fuel source. Never lose heat up a chimney or flue again!
An ideal fuel source for discerning designers seeking ultimate fire design flexibility because no hard utilities are required.
e-NRG offers the safest and most efficient fueling process on the market.
- Superior formula: Formulated with the perfect blend of isopropyl and methyl alcohol for a brilliant orange flame.
- Safest bioethanol fuel: e-NRG is supported by an operational procedure to ensure it's used in the safest way.
- Flame arrester: The bottles are fitted with a flame arrester for safe refilling and their proprietary accessories make the process as simple as possible.
- Clean burning: e-NRG produces no harmful emissions, just heat, steam and carbon dioxide which is re-absorbed by plants.
- Lowest odour: High quality ingredients ensure the purest burn with the lowest odour possible.
- Fast refilling: e-NRG bottles pour 8x faster than the competition.
Eco-awareness drives demand for ethanol
It’s the time of year people give more thought to heating, particularly to the costs and the impact of gas and wood-burning fireplaces on the environment. Which is where ethanol fireplaces come to the fore.
Stephane Thomas, Director of MAD Design Group and creator of EcoSmart Fire, a pioneer of the ethanol fire industry, says ethanol fuel “is a smarter choice for so many reasons”.
“We’ve seen a significant increase in demand for EcoSmart Fires from designers, homeowners and commercial operators – as much as for the design flexibility as for the environmentally-friendly credentials,” says Thomas.
“Ethanol is a liquid alcohol. It’s better for the environment because it’s a sustainable energy source, is clean-burning, and the small amount of odorless CO² it produces – the same CO² that’s in the air we breathe – is reabsorbed by plants. Unlike wood and gas, when ethanol burns it doesn’t produce any smoke, soot, ash or unpleasant odors. That means ventless ethanol fireplaces don’t require a chimney flue or vent (which suck out heated air with the smoke), nor costly connection to gas or electricity.”
e-NRG bioethanol is made sustainably using the fermented starches and sugars from plants, such as corn and sugarcane, which ensures the cleanest fuel and the lowest odor. “We call the process ‘from farm to fireplace’,” says Thomas.
“And as ethanol fireplaces are an eco-friendly heating option, they are the perfect solution for New York city residents, who are banned from installing new wood-burning fireplaces as part of the Mayor’s clean air initiative, a ban that may extend to other states due to the increasing concerns for the environment.”Stephane Thomas, Director MAD Design Group
7 benefits of ethanol-burning EcoSmart Fire fireplaces:
- Low-cost, easy installation: ethanol fireplaces don’t require a flue or vent, connection to gas or electricity by a licensed plumber or electrician, nor do they need insulation
- Less heat loss: there’s no chimney flue, which means heat stays in the room
- Low-cost maintenance: no regular servicing required or parts that need repairing or replacing, and no ash or soot to clean up
- Clean-burning, sustainable fuel that’s kinder to the environment
- Endless residential and commercial design flexibility, with myriad ventless EcoSmart Fire options
- A longer burning time than gas or wood
- Certified and US industry standards compliant